Thursday, October 25, 2007

My little girl!

Background
  • Name: Sabrina Nicole
  • Age: 3
  • Place in family: youngest child, only daughter, and most of the time "the boss" in the immediate family: First Granddaughter on my side of the family and the only one who lives around here in my husband's family.
  • Personality: friendly (doesn't meet a stranger) active (on the go constantly) inquisitive (wants to know about everything she encounters) talkative (thought she'd never start, can't wait till she stops now) attention seeker (she wants to be the center of attention) impatient (she wants what she wants NOW)
  • Physically: Height: approximately 3 foot Weight: about 28 pounds Eyes: hazel Hair: long and brown.

I pick up my little girl at my mother-in-laws home on workdays. My mother-in-law is a great person. Yea! I said it. We have always gotten along well. She keeps Sabrina when I work, unless they have an appointment. On those days my mother or my father keep her for me. I feel safer doing it that way; I know they will take good care of her.



Anyway, when I arrived to pick Sabrina up today she was sitting on my mother-in-laws lap reading. No she can't really read yet, but she pretends that she can. My mother-in-law was talking about how smart she is for memorizing many of the books she likes to read. I think she is very smart as well, but I feel that memorizing is just something that all kids do at this age.


Sabrina has never liked to watch a lot of TV, unless it is The Backyardigans or Dora. She draws, reads, and plays with her toys to amuse herself. She helps me cook, clean and even tries to help me drive. WHAT? No, she does not physically help me drive, but she does remind me to put on my seat belt, tell me where to turn and scolds me for going to slow or fast. My two boys are older and take care of her for me when I am busy or just need a break for a few minutes.


She has a room (decorate with Backyardigans) full of toys and books. She has her own furniture, bed, table with chairs, and toy shelf, again Backyardigans. On her dresser she has her own TV, hooked up to satellite, a VCR and a DVD player. On her wardrobe she has approximately 100 movies that have been bought just for her. The only problem is she will play, watch movies or TV, and read in her room, but she will not sleep in it. She sleeps with mommy and daddy.


She has the undivided attention of the whole family, both at home and elsewhere. She is loved by everyone that meets her, she just has that personality. It's no wonder she has all of these things. Christmas is coming, I'll bet she has another room full then. I always wondered about the term spoiled. Do you think all of this qualifies her as spoiled? I don't think it should because besides getting about anything she wants, she is really a good child. She minds well most of the time and listens. I'm just not sure about that label.

No comments: