Wednesday, November 7, 2007

THe next couple of days, good golly

It's about 7:45 and I have only been home about an hour. I had a professional development workshop (a book study) this evening dealing with how we teach math and what we should include in math instruction. I would not have attended, but Christmas is coming and the $25 per hour will soon come in handy. I have one more day of this workshop (next Wednesday) and a Math/Reading fun night (the last Wednesday of the month) before Christmas vacation.


Tomorrow it will be interesting to see how things transpire. Whats the big deal about tomorrow? Well I'll tell you, whether you want to know or not. As I have stated before I teach 4th and 5th grade. The school basketball team and cheerleader squad are made up of 4th and 5th graders only. They have an away game tomorrow that starts at 1:00. They will be leaving school at 11:30, but will have to eat and prepare before.


I teach 4th grade reading beginning at 10:30 or so. At 11:00, all but 2 of my 4th graders will be leaving. I have gained permission from the boss to not teach my 4th grade reading lesson, since no one will be there. But what will I do???? I'm really not sure with only 2 students. I guess I will just have to wing it. The afternoon will be just as difficult. All but 4 of my 5th graders are leaving as well.


Friday will not be much easier. We have a home ballgame starting at 1:00. The only work that will be done will be in the morning. I guess that will be fine, considering all grades at Anawalt teach their math and reading before 12:00. I usually have to teach the grammar and writing portion of the reading in the afternoon. I guess I will be rushing both days trying to get in as much of this as possible before 12:00.

No comments: