Saturday, November 3, 2007

The doctor, insurance dilema

I took a day off Friday to try to get in to see a doctor. I do not have a family doctor, because I do not regularly go to one. I might see a doctor once or twice a year if that. I woke up at 8:00 and called every doctor in the phone book within the Tazewell area. The majority of the time I never got an answer. I guess most doctors work so hard during the week that they need a three day weekend to recoup. Yea! Right!


Other times I tried and got the answer that is hard for me to believe: He/She is not taking on anymore patients. I just need to see a doctor for 10-15 minutes tops, I'm not going to be a permanent fixture in their office. Give Me A Break! Lastly I got the answer, Well, we can see you but we don't accept your insurance, you'll have to pay cash for the entire cost. Like I have that kind of money! I'm a teacher for God sake!


I have never been the kind of person to go to the doctor, or dentist for that matter, unless it is an absolute necessity. I have family insurance which includes myself, husband, and three children. I pay monthly premiums, deductibles and co-payments and the majority of the time my insurance might have to pay out 1 to 2 hundred dollars a year, if that.


I hate to see people in the hospital for minor things such as colds, but I can see why they do now. If doctors won't accept new patients, work on Fridays or accept insurance that you have, people will not have a choice but to go to the hospitals to get seen. I did not go myself! Why? Because I really did not want to sit in a hospital waiting room for a couple of hours and then wait in the patient room for another hour or so to be seen. Plus I had my daughter, no way I was about to put her through that.


I probably need an antibiotic, but right now Dayquil and NyQuil are keeping the symptoms under control. My daughter is still running a fever and beginning to show the same symptoms. I did get through to her pediatricians office Friday, she has an appointment for 12:00 Monday, yes he was out Friday too. I guess I will be taking another day off work. Maybe Monday after I take her to the doc, I can find one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://cusoqisy.freewebsitehosting.com/pejaly.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life