Monday, April 7, 2008

SO Sorry!

I have been rather busy the past month and haven't had a chance to post.

I began taking a class on WVLearns in February and that took up a lot of my computer time. I am now taking 2 of them and that results in me on the computer for at least 2 hours a day. I will be finished with both of these classes at the end of April and I am not taking another until September.

The reason that I am taking these classes is for my re-certification. As a teacher, we are never really finished with school. We have a certain number of professional development credits that we have to have every three years and a certain number of college credits as well. If you have a master's degree you can forgo the college credits, but as for now I only have a bachelor's.

I am hoping in September to begin a graduate program offered through Walden University to work toward my Master's degree. We will have to see, I guess it takes money to make money!

My husband began a new job about 3 weeks ago, so now he is on day shift. This has not helped a whole lot. I have to be on the computer for my classes of an evening and he feels that I should be spending time with him. He just does not realize the work that I have to do just to teach.

My oldest son just turned 18 and we are going today to order his tuxedo for his prom. I can't believe that he is so grown up. He agreed to have his hair cut yesterday. He now looks like a fine young gentleman. Long Hair is Gone!!! My youngest son also cut his hair. He now has a mohawk that is fire red. OH BOY! He is definitely a unique child.

I also had my hair trimmed yesterday and spent about an hour last night dying it to remove the stray gray hairs. I can't believe that at 37 years old, I am having to worry about graying hair. I guess I will be fighting this battle for the rest of my life.

I took a day off of work today to try to catch up on a few things here at home. Tomorrow I have school but most of my students do not. It is a IS (Instructional Support) Day. I have invited several students to come in and receive remediation. Most of them will not show, but maybe a few will.

My daughter is fine, she is as rotten as a 1 week old egg that's been laying out in the sun, but she is fine. I never knew how much a child like her could change my life. I am a little biased, I know, but I don't believe that God could have given me a better gift. She is my world!!!

I guess I should get off her and get ready to pick up my oldest from school. We have a lot to do today! Until next time!!!

No comments: