Saturday, April 19, 2008

Computer literacy training

At the ripe old age of 3, Sabrina has begun her computer training. I introduced her to my laptop this week and she loves it. She likes to play playstation and her v-tech game, so she took to the computer like a fish to water. She fusses now to get on the computer on a regular basis. I purchased Thursday preschool software for her to play on the computer.

The software includes skills that deal with color and shape recognition, letter and number recognition, and following directions. The componet I like the best in this software is that it introduces basic computer skills. She amazes me. She can manipulate the mouse and left click and drag items that she wants. She knows how to start, end and change activities. In just 2 days she can do more than I could when I first purchased my computer.She has more advantages than I ever had and most children her age have.

As schools integrate technology into the classroom, and the workforce demands technological skills in jobs, children who are not computer literate and technology integrated will have a disadvantage in life. I am only 37 but in that span of time, our society has traveled light years in technology. Knowing what I have seen, WHAT WILL SHE SEE AND DO! It is up to me to start her off right and give her what she needs to excel in the world of tomorrow.

No comments: