Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sorry!!!

I haven't taken the time to write in a while, but I will try to keep this a little more up to date.

Christmas is finally over and the New Year has been ushered in. Christmas was wonderful, despite the rush and hustle. My family and I spent Saturday 21st, with my mother and my stepdad. Also in attendance were my brother, sister, half brother and stepbrother and their respective families. We ate pizza, played pool and just reconnected.


Christmas Eve is reserved for my Dad and grandparents(Papa and Granny). My stepmom and others put together a wonderful Christmas meal and we spent about an hour opening gifts. Here the family was huge packed into about 4 rooms.
*my dad and stepmom
*Papa and Granny
*Uncle Johnny and Sharon
*Uncle Danny and Linda
*Great Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret Ann
*Brother, Wife and 2 Nephews
*Sister and Husband
*Stepsister, Husband and 2 Nieces
*Cousin, Wife and 2 Kids
*and of course me, husband and 3 kids

Christmas Day my daughter decided that she wanted all of her mama's and papa's to come watch her open her presents from Santa. So we invited them all to have coffee and donuts. They all came except one and we invited her favorite aunt and uncle to come as well. We had a pretty good time. My mother woke early and made homemade ham, sausage, and bacon biscuits to bring along.

Later Christmas day we traveled to my husbands parents, my in-laws to celebrate with them. My oldest son did not go with us, he spent the day with his girlfriend and her mother. All together there were still 9 people. We stayed until around 7 pm and returned home.

For a couple of days I did nothing. I slept late and played with Sabrina. But finally Friday I decided I should try to wash dishes and clothes. Saturday I took down my tree and decorations. Yesterday I finally opened a book and completed my lesson plans for the next month.

Today I caught up on clothes and dishes. Still haven't touched a single paper to grade, but I have already been told that school is on 2 hour delay tomorrow. Maybe we will get another day off and I can do them then. If not, I'll get them this weekend.

Well until later, take care and Happy New Year!

No comments: