Thursday, January 3, 2008

Planning a Girl's Night Out

I rarely go anywhere without the entire family in tow, but I have planned a day without the guys. WooHoo!!! I never go anywhere without my daughter and luckily she is able to attend this girl's night out. No I will not be drinking or bar-hopping. We are going to attend a performance of Sesame Street Live in Kingsport, TN.

I have been seeing an AD on the local broadcasting station out of Bristol, TN for a couple of weeks, but never really paid attention to it until about 4 days ago. I loved to watch Sesame Street when I was little and my daughter knows most of the characters by heart as well. I became interested. I have never been to a concert or major production in my life and I want my daughter to have these types of experiences.

On the other hand, Kingsport is a good distance from my home and I really do not want to travel that kind of distance by myself. So I asked my mom to accompany me. She enthusiastically said she would go with us. She has never been to anything like this either. So three girls will be getting their first experiences together.

I got online last night to check on tickets. They ranged from $25 to $12. The most expensive were floor seats in the first 10 rows A-J. All Sold Out! Crap! The next were 15.50, still floor seats but behind A-J. Oh! Well, it will have to do. I bought 3 tickets. January 15th, Section 2 seats K-1,K-2,and K-3. These are also aisle seats so if my daughter wants to get up an dance she will have a little wiggle room.

I will be taking a half of day off of work this day. I don't know if my boss will like this, but that's not going to deter me. My mom also has to work this day, but she gets off work at 12:00. I will leave work at 12:30 after my lunch duty, pick-up my daughter at my in-laws and be ready to hit the open road by 3:00. The performance begins at 7:30 and lasts for 90 minutes. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I told my daughter about it today, while the AD was running on TV. She has talked of nothing else since. She wants to go now, she is not old enough yet to understand that it is going to be a couple of more weeks. All she cares about is she is going to see Elmo. Bless her heart, there is nothing that I would not do for her.

No comments: